He Promised Me A Rose Garden

Well, what can I say? The ramblings of yet another southern belle from Georgia. What more can you ask for? Ya'll come back now, you here?

Thursday, July 28, 2005

What Age Do You Act?


25
You are a twentysomething at heart.
You feel excited about what's to come...
love,
work,
and new experiences
MY COMMENT & QUESTIONS
Does that mean I can now say I am 25 on my profiles and not be telling a lie!?
One of my profiles had me 4 years younger than I really am.
I didn't update it and besides, I have never felt my age was a big issue
and just didn't feel it a problem.
When I met a guy the VERY first thing I admitted on the first meeting
was that I am not that age but xx.
Didn't seem to bother him til he got into arguements with me and was forever throwing it up into my face about my lie....but, I didn't lie, I corrected the truth.
Actually, that was the only thing he could find fault in me for a lie.
*laughs*
Hey! I am not perfect, you know.
I would like comments from the rest of you.

1. Do you think it is a lie for a woman to say she is younger than she really is?

2. Do you think it is natural for women to lie about their age?

3. Do you hold it against a woman if she lies about her age to you?
Wellllllllllllllll! Of course it stands to reason if you are over 21 and she is jail bait however, I am not talking about that !

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I think a lie is a lie, and you should tell the truth. If someone says they are a certain age, other people should know that the age doesn't tell the whole story. If they don't realize that, then *they* are putting too much emphasis on the number. If someone lied to me about something small (like age) I would wonder what else they lied about and not trust them very much.

8:40 PM, July 28, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Jennifer.

Recently I went about to all the profiles I have on yahoo and the clubs I joined and set the age correctly. Updated all that good stuff.

Noooooooooww with my memory loss, I need to remember every year to fix it again. duhhhhhhhhhhhhh

*warm hugs*

11:52 PM, July 28, 2005  
Blogger Karla said...

OK, you already know that I'm simple-minded and direct:

1. Yes, it's a lie for a woman to say she is younger than she really is if she knowingly falsifies that information (unlike some who just literally forget, or make a typo).

2. I don't know if it's "natural" for a woman to lie about her age. I've never felt inclined to do so. Perhaps it's a learned behavior.

3. Are you asking that from a male perspective? Well, I'm not male, so maybe my answer doesn't count. (grin) I don't dwell on it if I find out a woman purposely lies to me about her age. I'm disappointed about her telling a lie to me intentionally, but I don't break up friendships over it. Perhaps I feel a little sorry for someone who feels they have to lie about it. It seems like an immature thing to do. Oops, being blunt there! ;-)

2:10 AM, August 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home